"Darkness falls....Swords clash....
Evil reigns.
Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have just saved the rebel state from destruction by the mighty forces of King Galbatorix, cruel ruler of the Empire. Now Eragon must travel to Ellesmera, land of the elves, for futher training in magic and swordsmanship, the vital skills of the Dragon Rider. It is the journey of a lifetime, filled with awe-inspiring new places and people, each day a fresh adventure. But chaos and betrayal plague him at every turn, and Eragon isn't sure whom he can trust.
Meanwhile, his cousin Roran must fight a new battle back home in Carvahall - one that puts Eragon in even graver danger. Will the king's dark hand strangle all resistance? Eragon may not escape with even his life..." -Jacket
I've been reading a lot of fantasy lately! I haven't tackled anything too deep or thought-provoking for a little while since I've needed an escape from reality. I find that I'm kind of jumping back and forth between series right now.
It's been awhile since I read Eragon so I really appreciated the short synopsis in the beginning of this book. This was a book I found hard to put down. It's slightly reminiscent of Lord of the Rings, one of my all-time favorites, with dwarves, elves and humans. I enjoyed reading about Eragon's training with the elves and learning more about the history of magic and the relationship between dragons and riders. I especially loved reading the adventures that Roran and the people of Carvahall wind up on.
Without giving too much away (hopefully), I'm finding it hard to resist the urge to run out and buy Brisingr right now so I can see what lies ahead for Eragon and Roran now that they are reunited. I somewhat expected the twist at the end of this book, though not to the extent of what happened.
This series is great if you want to escape into a beautiful world with well-written characters.
No comments:
Post a Comment