Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, 374 pages

"Once I'm on my feet, I realize escape might not be so simple.

Panic begins to set in. I can't stay here.

Flight is essential.

But I can't let my fear show.

Winning means fame and fortune. Losing means certain death. The Hunger Games have begun..." - Back Cover

I've erased the last five sentences I've written about what I thought of this book and will just say this: I loved it! The idea behind it is so clever and intriguing.

Why do I have to wait until September for the sequel??

2 comments:

Rachel and Kelly said...

I loved this book. It's so different I can't wait for the sequel.

Renae said...

Great book!
Just finished it and didn't think I would be able to do it in time because I had to be on waiting list and someone wanted it after me and I was in the middle of preparing a funeral luncheon.

Anyway, I couldn't put it down and am no on the LONG waiting list for Cathing Fire--#2. I've already put myself on the author's alert list at my library so hopefully I can be one of the first for book #3when it does come out.

Great choice Annette!