Saturday, August 30, 2008

All Moms Go to Heaven by Dean Hughes, 95 pages


"Some might wonder whether a man really knows much about motherhood. But I can talk with a certain degree of authority. After all, I was once a mother myself."

"In All Moms Go to Heaven, well-known Latter-day Saint writer Dean Hughes describes the summer he spent taking care of the kids while his wife, Kathy, worked on her master's degree. After a few weeks of drying tears (sometimes his own), changing diapers, and watching Sesame Street, Dean came to understand what mothers really do and why they're so important. In this thoughtful and often hilarious book, you'll find plenty to ponder and to laugh about." -Back Cover

I loved this book! It was very thoughtful and very hilarious. I laughed out loud and I cried. Sometimes moms need a little boost and reminder that what we're doing really is important and this book provided that. The author shares the lessons he's learned about motherhood, his wife, his daughters, and his own mother in a way that will make you want to read this book again and again...then pass it along to your husband!

1 comment:

DadsGarage said...

I want to check this out. Stay-at-home dads are cool. My cousin was one. He did a great job.