"For centuries, mystical creatures of all description were gathered to a hidden refuge called Fablehaven to prevent their extinction. The sanctuary survives today as one of the last strongholds of true magic in a cynical world. Enchanting? Absolutely. Exciting? You bet. Safe? Well, actually, quite the opposite...
Kendra and her brother, Seth, have no idea their grandfather is the current caretaker of Fablehaven. Inside the gated woods, ancient laws give relative order among greedy trolls, mischievous satyrs, plotting witches, spiteful imps, and jealous fairies. However, when the rules get broken, an arcane evil is unleashed, forcing Kendra and Seth to face the greatest challenge of their lives. To save her family, Fablehaven and perhaps the world, Kendra must find the courage to do what she fears most." -Jacket
I had so much fun reading the Percy Jackson series with my oldest daughter that I wanted to find another fantasy series for us to read. Fablehaven came recommended to me by one of my piano students. The first book was a lot of fun. (I laughed out loud when Kendra and Seth had to milk the gigantic cow.) I'm told that the other books in this series are much better than the first which means that I can't wait for the second to arrive in the mail because I enjoyed the first.

1 comment:
We love the Fablehaven books. They're fun for Sam and me to read. Since he won't let us read it together out loud, I try to send him to bed early so he'll put the book down and I can snatch it up.
Post a Comment