Monday, April 14, 2008

8 O'Clock Club Book - Homer Price by Robert McCloskey

"Hi! I'm Homer Price. I live in Centerburg. Somehow the funniest things are always happening here. And somehow I'm always in the middle of them. There was the time, f'r instance, that my pet skunk Aroma smelled out those four bank robbers. Maybe you've heard about the day I helped Uncle Ulysses with his automatic doughnut machine - and the confounded thing wouldn't turn off. And wasn't that Super-Duper comic book business a big surprise to...Say, why am I telling you all this here? I'll see you inside."

This was a cute collection of little stories from the life of Homer Price. It had great illustrations. It was written in the 40's so it had some slang and references to that time which we didn't always get but it was fun and the girls enjoyed it. I think I might have liked living in the 40's except I would greatly miss my cellphone, the internet, color TV, online shopping, my jeans and capris...

2 comments:

DadsGarage said...

I'm definitely going to pick this book up. I love the 30s and 40s. This site of yours is so cute!

Tricia said...

I can't wait to start the 8 O'Clock Club with our kids! That looks like such a cute one! Do you fall asleep in the middle of sentences like mom used to? That was always hilarious! :)