The Road is a story of a boy and his father traveling the roads after a disaster. What has happened is never said but I got the impression it was something like a nuclear bomb. As they travel they try to maintain their dignity and humanity even as they are starving and sick. The end confused me a little bit - it was a little too philosophical for my simple mind - but I enjoyed the rest! There are a few disturbing things in this book but I thought they showed just how desperate people become in that situation. I can't wait to see Viggo Mortensen in the movie!Friday, March 21, 2008
The Road by Cormac McCarthy, 287 pages
The Road is a story of a boy and his father traveling the roads after a disaster. What has happened is never said but I got the impression it was something like a nuclear bomb. As they travel they try to maintain their dignity and humanity even as they are starving and sick. The end confused me a little bit - it was a little too philosophical for my simple mind - but I enjoyed the rest! There are a few disturbing things in this book but I thought they showed just how desperate people become in that situation. I can't wait to see Viggo Mortensen in the movie!
Labels:
Moved Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, I found your site through Tiffani's blog, so I thought I would take a peek :-). I read The Road sometime in the last year and liked it, although it was very different and a lot of it didn't make sense to me. But that doesn't seem to bother me when I read! I didn't know Viggo Mortensen was going to be in the movie. Sounds good to me!
Post a Comment